Alameda County residents can learn more about household sources of carbon monoxide and how to detect this odorless, colorless and tasteless gas by visiting Pleasanton's Home Depot store this week.
The interactive display is being sponsored by Kidde, a manufacturer of fire safety products. Kidde staff will be at Home Depot to discuss carbon monoxide safety, answer questions and help shoppers learn about the proper placement of a carbon monoxide alarms.
Carbon monoxide, often referred to as the "silent killer," can only be detected with a CO alarm. The gas injures more than 20,000 individuals each year and more than 230 Californians were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning from 2001 - 2006.
This story contains 148 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.